JUNIOR PRODUCTION PLANNER
Clifton, New Jersey, 07014
Senior Production Planners & Team Leaders
While our passion is print here at Sandy Alexander, don’t be fooled by our history – we have evolved into a technology-based solutions provider for Fortune 500 companies providing marketing services to retail, beauty, make up and fragrance, beverages and spirits, hospitality, entertainment and media, finance, automotive, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, gaming and casinos.
Founded on traditional litho printing over fifty years ago, we still offer sheet fed and web offset today but have expanded our capabilities to pre-media services, custom automated digital marketing campaigns, retail visual merchandising solutions including wide and grand format imaging – truly a one stop solution. We ensure brand consistency in that the color is correct across all platforms and that it’s on-time, every time.
- Review documents (client purchase orders/work instructions, estimates, schedules, material orders of paper and ink and other related consumables and services) with Senior Production Manager or Senior Production Planners.
- Receive, sort, and inventory all customer-supplied materials. Check with client to determine when all required material will arrive.
- Ensure timely return of customer property in original condition. Arrange for pickups and deliveries as requested.
- Prepare job tickets, job bags, and purchase orders, following company's procedures for effective communications. Make sure that all samples (for copy, for color, etc.) for manufacturing departments are clearly identifiable as per the company's standard operating procedures.
- Communicate workload and status of projects to supervisors and co-workers. Serve as a back-up to other Production Coordinators and assist team members with their workload as needed.
- Double-check client's prepress proofs. Send proofs to customers and receive them upon return. Communicate AAs (author's alterations) to prepress department.
- Ensure that all AAs and costs are promptly and accurately documented in MIS system for billing. Maintain or reduce costs associated with assigned accounts. Prepare / close projects for billing.
- Adhere to Sandy Alexander's quality and environmental policies, procedures, goals, and objectives and comply with all safety and work rules when performing duties.
- Complete and maintain all required checklists, paperwork, records, documents, etc. and maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Liaise with internal and external partners on projects by overseeing day-to-day relationships.
- Work closely with Senior Production Coordinators on budget, resources, deliverables and timing of projects in manufacturing.
- Coordinate with outside vendors for services where required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to learn about our business offerings.
- Ability to work within demanding schedules, tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving and quick decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build relationships with internal groups and external partners.
- Independent, self-motivated and creative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and G-Suite (ePace a plus).
6 months experience in a customer service role.
High School Graduate required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Competitive based on knowledge and work experience.
Full medical, dental, vacation and profit-sharing programs are also offered.
Submit Your Resume Today
We consider applicants for all Positions on the basis of merit, qualifications and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.